I’m not going to give any details on how to take down Tequatl. Greater minds than I have come before me to prepare all of it for you. Have you ever heard of [TTS]? They’ve laid out an amazing explanation of how Tequatl works here. You can also check out with Dulfy’s guide here.
The biggest advice I could give is to listen to the commander of the map, and know exactly how Tequatl works. The spine of it all are the turrets, which I usually love running (although I’ve been having connection issues lately). Keep his scales down, and you’re looking at a victory. Still, for everyone to know: never quit Tequatl until either he’s dead, or the timer’s up. I’ve seen so many people quit because there’s 3 minutes left. When I’ve seen one burn phase move to a battery defence, to a burn phase, etc. Stay focused, stack might, and keep pushing and you’ll take down Tequatl if you’re following the guides.
So it was a proud moment for [ANGL] and we hope to do more of spawning Tequatl as a Guild World Event. It’s my favourite encounter in the game (I’ve taken down the Three-Headed Wurm, but prefer Tequatl) and my wife and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without people who put confidence in us and have built us to where we are today with Tequatl.
Special Thanks To:
- Lerif, who commands Tequatl with a kind heart and great encouragement. You’re always a pleasure to play GW2 with, and you taught us everything we know about Tequatl.
- Briony, my wife, who laughs her way through the good and bad runs and events.
- Wolfie, who pulled together our Guild Tequatl event.
- Hafreeze, who has been my turret buddy during my entire vacation.
- Bob and Miri, who also took over commanding areas and I’m so thankful because we couldn’t have done it without you!
- [TTS], because you’re always kind to me even though I’m not part of your guild, and you’re always positively responsive when I’m wanting to help.
- All of [ANGL] because, hey, I love you guys.
- All of those who joined in that aren’t part of [ANGL] because you made Tequatl possible.
- Finally, to ArenaNet for the mind-blowing game that you’re building into an even greater game with every passing month. Thank you, for your kind words and support of my blog, as well as the joys and memories I’ve been able to make in game–it’s all because of you.