Guild Wars 2 is about the journey, not the end. One of the biggest things that I’ve experienced is setting my own goals and achieving them. For instance, I recently managed to get every piece of Ascended armour and trinkets! Furthermore, I even have an Ascended Hammer, Staff, and Greatsword (although I rarely run the latter). Even accomplishing my WupWup’s Ascended Armour (Celestial Stats) was exciting for me.
Yes, people argue and debate over whether Celestial is great for a Guardian or not. Perhaps it’s not optimal, but I never have to be swapping my gear to accomplish what I want since, in Guild Wars 2, skill > stats. Also, I generally hate full zerker builds (and spend way too much time rezzing full zerkers during World Bosses and other events). With that said, my Ele, Thief, and Ranger are all full zerker (although I’m contemplating tweaking my Ranger). Anyway, I digress.
After completing my ascended gear, I felt pretty accomplished and thought: “Now what?”
My lovely pieces of Ascended gear!
Well, I have an answer to the “Now What??” — The Juggernaut!!!
Now, I’ve heard people say that legendaries are absolutely impossible (and I’ve actually stated that in the past), but I stopped and took a look at what it takes for a legendary, and it’s not as bad as I thought.
For the Juggernaut, the main things I’m looking at gathering are the following:
Gift of Metal
- 250 Mithril Ingots (Complete)
- 250 Darksteel Ingots (Complete)
- 250 Platinum Ingots
- 250 Orichalcum Ingots
- This isn’t as hard as it seems. Legendaries take time, so I just hold on to all the ori I find. I’m not big into farming. I get lots from salvaging from world bosses!
Vial of Quicksilver
- 500 Manifestos of the Moletariate (Sorrow’s Embrace Tokens)
- 150 Molten Lodestones
- Ok, these are one big pain. Not horrific to get because they supposedly drop from Citadel of Flame but still, they’re expensive. It’s not the toughest part though.
- 250 Silver Doubloons
- I think this is what would make someone want to scream and cry. They’re extremely difficult to get, so you may as well dish out the 300g on them. Thankfully, I’ve had a lot of people trying to send me the one or two that they get. It means a lot!
- 250 Steel Ingots (Almost Complete)
Gift of the Juggernaut
- Gift of Metal
- Vial of Quicksilver
- 100 Icy Runestones
- Superior Sigil of Sanctuary (dirt cheap!)
77 Mystic Clovers
- I’ve already gotten my 77 Mystic Clovers, but if you’re curious as to how to make them, throw in 1 Obsidian Shard, 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Glob of Ectoplasm, and 6 Philosopher’s Stones.
These are what I’m focusing on at the moment, while saving up my Elaborate Totems, Piles of Crystalline Dust, Powerful Venom Sacs, Vials of Powerful Blood, Ancient Bones, Armored Scales, Vicious Claws, and Vicious Fangs (T6 Crafting Mats), along with getting to 250 Ectos. World Bosses and Champions definitely help me with these!
To be honest, I’ve heard many people say that precursors are the worst part of legendaries and that’s true, so I figure if I have everything else taken care of, then I can keep saving more money for the precursor.
Yes, this takes a long time. No, it’s not “easy.” Still, I love the Juggernaut so much that I know in the next 6 months, I’ll have it for sure. It’s a journey, not an instant reward. Still, I think it’ll be worth it to show off my beautiful armour with that metallic effect. *Drools*
Have you ever wanted a legendary? If so, which one, and why? Leave your comments below. I’d love to hear from them, and respond!